Traveller Pride 2020 roundup
Hello everyone! We wanted to end this year with a celebration of what we have managed to achieve, despite it all, this year. We've done a video to sum up. I guess this is in lieu of an annual report.
But here's a list anyway
- FFT Film about Traveller Pride
- Launched the Trans Solidarity fund
- Trained therapists to be more inclusive of Travellers
- Launched the Therapy scheme, successfully paying for Travellers to get 12 sessions of therapy
- Launched our phone line, making us accessible to calls, texts, whatsapps etc.
- Collaborated with Stonewall
- London's GRTHM event
- Created video to train volunteers to Just Like Us
- Launched a Facebook group for online socialising
- Launched our badly maintained Instagram
- Launched Covid guidance on wellbeing and health
- Online Romani Resistance day commemoration "My Resistance Is:..." campaign
- Contributed to the online 2nd August Dikh He Na Bister Holocaust memorial event
- Blog for the Crown Prosecution Service
- Traveller Linguistics discussion with Progress in Dialogue
- Free Binder Scheme in collaboration with GenderSwap
- Travellers' Times Pride commemoration film
- London Gypsies & Travellers Heritage project for GRTHM
- Responded to the Channel 4 Dispatches Debacle
And probably lots more.
This year we lost Raymond Gureme, an iconic figure who you would do well to read about. A joy to know and talk to, an indelible spirit
We hope next year we can meet physically. No matter what, this is your group as much as it is anyone's. If we are doing things right, or wrong, tell us. We haven't included everyone we wanted to, it isn't perfect, but we're keen to hear how to get better.
Here's to a superb 2021.